2014, March Santa Fe WeddingsMarch 12, 2014: With its romantic charm and recent approval of same-sex marriage licenses, Santa Fe continues to be a top city of choice for destination weddings. Now more than ever, couples from around the world are flocking to this artistic city for a wedding with a southwestern twist. Below is a sampling of the destination’s authentic wedding offerings and specialty venues:
Eldorado Hotel & Spa
• Couples are invited to celebrate their special day with Eldorado Hotel & Spa’s Halona Wedding Experience. The hotel’s Anasazi ballroom and spectacular pavilion serve as two special spaces for wedding receptions. For couples with up to 200 guests, prices start at ＄110 per person (not including bride and groom) and include champagne and sparkling water passed upon arrival and a grand selection of canapés, signature displays, carving stations and more. Additionally, as a bonus of the package, bride and groom will receive a romantic two-night stay in a suite with fireplace. For more information, visit www.eldoradohotel.com or call 505-995-4527.
• Located minutes from downtown Santa Fe’s historic plaza and offering a wide range of activities catering to all gay, lesbian and hetero travelers, the resort, which is celebrating nearly 100 years of operation, welcomes couples to experience an original Santa Fe wedding with the Special 95th Anniversary Wedding Package. Starting at ＄995, this package includes a two-night stay in deluxe suite for the couple, one bottle of Heritage wine and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival in room, one-hour chapel rental, champagne toast celebration for up to 10 people (outside of the Bishop Lamy chapel) and a choice of a horseback ride for two or a 50-minute couples massage. For more information, visit www.bishopslodge.com or call 505-819-4022. Package is available through September 30, 2014.
In addition to packages offered by the city’s hotels, Santa Fe also offers culturally-rich venues for couples to utilize on their special day. Listed below are a selection of spaces visitors can choose from.
La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa
• La Posada de Santa Fe’s opulent wedding venues merge Southwestern style with modern services and historic charm to craft a unique experience for every participant and guest. Whether couples are planning a lavish reception for 200-plus guests or a more intimate ceremony and celebration, the resort’s expert wedding and event planning team is ready to help with every detail. Visitors can choose to celebrate outdoors on the Lawn Court or host an intimate event in one of the hotel’s smaller function spaces. For more information, visit www.laposadadesantafe.com or call 505-954-9618.
The Lodge at Santa Fe’s La Capilla de Santa Fe Chapel
• Complete with a unique altar screen designed by one of New Mexico's most famous artists, Charlie Carillo, this adobe-style chapel can comfortably seat up to 45 guests and has the convenience of a nearby ballroom, perfect for a reception. The chapel is located at the Lodge at Santa Fe and hotel rooms are located on-property. For more information, visit www.lodgeatsantafe.com.
The Inn and Spa at Loretto
• With more than 12,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor space, an expert wedding staff, renowned cuisine from an award-winning chef, and a world-class spa, The Inn and Spa at Loretto offers couples a distinct wedding experience only found in the friendly confines of Santa Fe. In addition, the Inn is home to the historic Loretto Chapel, a Gothic style chapel built in 1876 and features 150-year-old stained glass windows, an elaborate Italian altar and vaulted ceilings. For more information, visit www.innatloretto.com.
La Fonda on The Plaza
• La Fonda offers couples a variety of intimate and charming spaces for their special day. Guests can choose from an array of spaces for an authentic southwestern wedding experience, including the La Terraza Room, offering breathtaking views of the St. Francis Cathedral Basilica and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the New Mexico Room, a colorful, historic room, replete with rich architectural touches, such as a hand-carved beamed ceiling and tin and glass chandeliers and the Santa Fe Room, a smaller jewel, which boasts classic Santa Fe design elements such as a 25? high cathedral ceiling, hammered tin chandeliers and a carved tile wood-burning fireplace. For more information, visit www.lafondasantafe.com.
Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe
• At Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, newlyweds to be can choose from a selection of beautiful spaces for their special day. The Aspen Ballroom offers elevated ceilings, a stone fireplace and beautiful décor for wedding receptions, while the Piñon Private Dining Room is a more elegant space designed for intimate pre-wedding celebrations. Additional spaces include vibrant outdoor terraces and garden areas for more casual receptions. For more information, visit www.fourseasons.com/santafe/ or call 505-946-5700.
For more detailed information about resources, locations, and planning a wedding in Santa Fe, please visit http://santafe.org/Visiting_Santa_Fe/Weddings/index.html or www.santafe.org for additional information on packages, savings specials and all Santa Fe has to offer.