2017 November, INAUGURAL SANTA FE: ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM LAUNCHES IN SANTA FE HOTELSGuests to The City Different This Winter Will Experience Art In the Making
November 3, 2017: Hotel guests staying in Santa Fe this winter will experience the city’s renowned art scene right in their hotels. The inaugural season of the city-wide “Santa Fe Artists In Residence” program creates a new art experience connecting visitors with New Mexico artists at 16 participating properties. Santa Fe Artists In Residence will be offered November 1, 2017 - February 28, 2018 every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 4-7 p.m.
Visitors to The City Different can easily meet, interact and observe the artists as they create masterpieces in a variety of mediums. From painting and sculpting to jewelry making and basket weaving these skilled artists are ready to share their craft and invite guests to delve into the creative process first hand. Participating locations include: Drury Plaza Hotel, Eldorado Hotel and Spa, Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, Hotel Santa Fe, Inn of the Governor’s, Inn on the Alameda, La Fonda on the Plaza, La Posada de Santa Fe, Sunrise Springs and more.
Each artist and location will feature a pop-up studio with finished work available for sale so that hotel guests can purchase directly from the artist. Details on the participating hotels and the names and bios of the artists at each property can be found online at www.santafe.org/artistsinresidence. Check the Event Calendar for additional events ranging from meet and greet wine receptions to gourmet dinners with the artist.
To add to the fun a sweepstakes for a Santa Fe Art Experience package will be live for entries on the www.santafe.org/artistsinresidence page now through February, 28, 2018 and a winner will be chosen on March 1, 2018. The prize includes:
- A two night stay at the Drury Plaza Hotel including breakfast, evening reception and parking. (Value: ＄500)
- A Three course dinner for two in Terra at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe (Value: ＄250)
- Gift certificate for food and beverage in Del Charro at Inn of the Governors (Value: ＄75)
- Two passes to Meow Wolf (Value: ＄40)
- Museum Passes for two (Value: ＄60)
- Santa Fe Art Tour for two—Explore Canyon Road on an interactive tour of its unique art spaces. (Value: ＄65 Friday tour for two; ＄165 private tour for two)
- Two-hour art session for two with local artist Lisa Flynn at Inn on the Alameda. Create your own colorful New Mexico watercolor postcards. (Value: ＄80)
For more on Santa Fe, please visit www.santafe.org.
Joanne Hudson, Public Relations Manager
TOURISM Santa Fe
Tel: 505 955 6221
Carlyn Topkin / Matt Sessions
Lou Hammond Group
Tel: 212 891 0214 | 212 891 0228
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org